Saturday, September 26, 2009

Checkout Digsby


Freeware is what it says entirely free software. Contrary to popular opinion, you DO NOT get what you pay for, you get FAR MORE in most cases. No one can say that OpenOffice, Thunderbird email and Firefox browser are inferior to commercial products. If anyone does, it just shows they do not know those programs. Ever heard of Digsby?
Communication:
The latest program I have discovered which overlaps email, IM [instant messengers], and social websites. It can keep you in touch with all three at once!
This program is called Digsby. Check it out. It not only is an instant messenger but it is compatible with AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber all at one time with only one buddy list! Amazing how far we have come.
The only thing I think would make Digsby better would be to allow it to shrink to tasbar and not just hide at the edge of the screen which is sometimes annoying. But the program is definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make your comments or corrections. Your comments will be moderated to prevent spam.

Notice: For Educational Purposes Only

Many of the articles here are from free newsletters I receive. If you enjoy them I encourage you to sign up for your own copy. Sometimes the newsletters are edited to fit properly on the page. Every effort is made to give credit to the newsletter publishers. Since they are freely available, I am assuming that as long as I have not claimed they were my own that it is okay to publish these for educational purposes only along with my own comments and posts. If that is not true and you are a publisher, please contact me at cgpedley@gmail.com